Course Code: TIAS-HDBL1
A kick start course for all those who are new to the industry with little or no experience.
Course Eligibility: Open to all
Duration: 390 hours (Includes both theory and practical hours) 6 Days a week Monday to Saturday, 3 Hours per day. 130 days
Examination: Theory Subjective and Objective: 100 marks. Practicals 100 Marks (Candidate should be able to successfully demonstrate all beauty treatments)
Overview of our Course Syllabus
1. Orientation & Induction
2. Health & Safety
3. Fulfil Salon Reception Duties
4. Promote additional products & services to clients
5. Develop & Maintain your effectiveness at work
6. Trichology: Composition, Hair Structure, Hair Root, Hair Shaft, Hair growth cycle, Hair shape, Hair growth
pattern, Hair analysis, Types of hair, Hair Terminology & Ph. Scale, Hair conditions (disorders and diseases)
7. Basic Product Knowledge
8. Client Consultation
9. Shampoo and Conditioning & Blow-drying
10. Setting and finish African Hair
11. Women’s Hair Cutting : (1. Cutting Techniques: Club cutting, texturizing, Razoring, Thinning, scissor / clipper over comb, 2. One length hair cut, 3. Square Layer haircut, 4. Short Graduation, 5. Uniform , Graduation & 6. Long Graduation)
12. Men’s Hair Cutting: (1. Gent's Crew Cut & 2. Scissor over comb hair cut)
13. Hair Coloring: Color theory, Tools of trade, Global and Root touch up
14. Hair Do's: (1. Pony: High, low, 2. Braids: Herringbone, Three Strands, French Herringbone. French Three Strands, Four Strands, Five Strands, 3. Front styling: Braiding, twisting, 5. Buns: High, low, messy, butterfly & 6. Rolls: Multiple rolls, low rolls)
Following are the main objectives of the training program:
• To provide quality training to those seeking a career as professional Hair Dresser.
• To introduce the culture of safe, clean, healthy and pleasant environment at training centers and workplaces; related to Hair salons.
• To enhance the economic opportunities for the Hair graduates.
• To provide improved services to the ever increasing cliental.
• To develop understanding of the basic principles, properties and application of various types of cosmetics and their effect on the skin.
• To impart working knowledge of handling and care of the equipment’s and implements used in Hair Technology.
• To impart basic knowledge of profession ethics and attitude.
Career Progression Pathways:
• Junior Hair Dresser
• Senior Hair Designer
• Cruise Lines
• Cosmetic Brand Trainer
• Corporate / National / Regional Trainer
• Fashion and Media Hair Designer