Course Code: TIAS-MUAL1
This program is designed to embark on a career as a freelance, professional Make-Up Artist
Course Eligibility: Open to all
Duration: 200 hours (Includes both theory and practical hours) 6 Days a week Monday to Saturday, 3 Hours per day. 67 days
Examination: Theory Subjective and Objective: 100 marks. Practicals 100 Marks (Candidate should be able to successfully demonstrate all beauty treatments)
Overview of our Course Syllabus
1. Orientation & Induction
2. Health & Safety
3. Fulfil Salon Reception Duties
4. Promote additional products & services to clients
5. Develop & Maintain your effectiveness at work
6. Introduction to Anatomy & Physiology
9. Integumentary system (skin, nail, hair, glands, nerves, circulatory vessels)
10. Facial Bones
11. Facial Muscles
12. The Blood
13. Lymphatic system
14. Ph. scale
15. Dermatology (Skin types, skin conditions, skin disease & disorders)
16. Facial Analysis for Makeup: Eye shapes and Face Shapes
17. Provide Eyebrow Treatments
18. Introduction to Makeup: History & development, types of makeup & makeup terminologies
19. Makeup Product Knowledge
20. Tools & Equipment’s of Trades
21. Principles of researching, planning and showcasing designs
22. Color Theory
23. Light Studies
24. Eye Makeup and Liner Applications
25. Day Look
26. Evening Party Look
27. Nude Look
28. Wet / Glossy Look
29. Corrective Makeup
30. Engagement Look
31. Bridal Look
32. Reception Look
33. Hair styling (Settings, Blow drying, Plaiting and twisting, Backcombing, Flat pin curling, Temporary hair additions & Heated styling equipment. Pony, Braids, Buns and Bridal hair styles)
Following are the main objectives of the training program:
• To provide quality training to those seeking a career as professional Makeup Artists.
• To introduce the culture of safe, clean, healthy and pleasant environment at training centers and workplaces; related Makeup Artistry.
• To enhance the economic opportunities for the Makeup graduates.
• To provide improved services to the ever increasing cliental.
• To develop understanding of the basic principles, properties and application of various types of cosmetics and their effect on the skin.
• To impart working knowledge of handling and care of the equipment’s and implements used in Makeup Artistry.
• To impart basic knowledge of profession ethics and attitude.
Career Progression Pathways:
• Makeup Artist
• Theatre make-up artist
• Film make-up artist
• TV make-up artist
• Make-up designer
• Product developer